Red Cross distributes over $32M in Fiona financial assistance
By Red Cross
To date, the Red Cross has distributed more than $32 million in financial assistance to more than 68,000 individuals and families through the Hurricane Fiona in Canada Appeal.
The financial assistance provided to date is either on behalf of the provincial government in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, or Newfoundland and Labrador, or it is Red Cross financial assistance for eligible households from the most impacted areas that are unable to meet their basic needs as a result of Fiona.
To date, the Red Cross has also:
- Provided emergency shelter for more than 1,200 individuals.
- Registered more than 102,000 households in all provinces impacted by Fiona.
- Provided support at 25 shelters and/or reception centres in partnership with local authorities.
- Provided more than 5,700 emergency items to impacted individuals and communities, including hygiene kits, cots, blankets, and teddy bears for children.
- Mobilized more than 400 Red Cross personnel to support with this emergency response.
Those impacted by Fiona are encouraged to register with the Canadian Red Cross by calling 1-800-863-6582 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. ADT.
“The Canadian Red Cross is here to help people impacted by Fiona,” said Louise Castonguay, vice-president of Atlantic Canada for Canadian Red Cross. “We are working alongside community leadership and all levels of government to best support individuals, families and communities impacted by Fiona, and we encourage people to reach out to us to see how we may be able to assist or guide them as they begin to recover from this disaster.”
Print this page